The College Diaries: Jess on Class Registration

Victoria's Secret PINK school college tired sleep

Hi guys! Jessica here, with another quick installment of the College Diaries. Since I just recently registered for my spring semester classes, I figured that there's no time like the present to rant about that entire process.

Let me just say, I used to think that trying to get into a class in my own high school was the hardest thing I'd ever have to do. Competing with over 1,400 other students to not just get the good classes, but just any classes that fit into my schedule somehow, was a whole different animal. 

One of the biggest things that upperclassmen and advisers tell me at my university is to always have a backup plan, in case things don't go your way. So, being the over-prepared person I am, I prepared four schedules. Four. I made sure that there was a backup plan for my backup plan's backup plan. 

But of course, life didn't go my way, because the day before I was able to register for classes, I checked online to make sure that all of my classes that I wanted to take still had seats available. And every single class was filled.

Yep. Every single class on my original plan and my three other backup plans. 

Yeah.

I didn't think that kind of bad luck would happen to anybody. I certainly wasn't expecting it to happen to me. 

So the night before registration opened, I had to scramble around to make things work. I managed to find some courses that weren't too terrible, but basically everything that I was excited to take for my spring semester was out of my reach. Instead of NYC in Literature, I have to take Women in Modern Drama. Instead of Urbanism, I have to take Art History. (Which are still some interesting classes, but not really the things I was going for.)

But hey, there's a bright side -- this is my last semester taking Italian, so after May, I'll be free! (Seven years later...)

Basically, the college registration process is just super stressful. On registration morning, I had to get up at the lovely hour of 6:00am and dutifully watch the world clock to make sure I logged into the portal at exactly the right time. I had to shakily type in all of my course numbers, praying that nothing went wrong. After I managed to breathe a sigh of relief having gotten into all of the classes I needed to be in, I was about to go back to sleep.

But then I got a tornado of texts from other girls on my floor, all needing help with their own registration, so I took off to help them out. Basically, registration morning felt like a blend between a sinking ship and the Hunger Games.

It's definitely not a good time.

So, that's my rant on the college registration process. Other than that, I'd say that classes are going really well. I'm heading home for Thanksgiving break on Tuesday, which makes me super excited -- I can't wait to see my friends and family (not to mention my boyfriend *heart eyes*) again! It'll be a good week filled with lots of food, family, and time well spent with my friends from home.

If you'll excuse me, it's time for me to take a nap. Because it's college, and that's the kind of thing we do here.

reaction reactions college adventure time finn




No comments

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️