Review: Frigid by J. Lynn

Title: Frigid (Frigid #1) 
Author: J. Lynn
Genre: New Adult, Romance 
Publisher: Spencer Hill Contemporary
Publication Date: July 15th 2013

Summary:
For twenty-one-year-old Sydney, being in love with Kyler isn't anything new. They'd been best friends ever since he pushed her down on the playground and she made him eat a mud pie. Somewhere over the years, she fell for him and fell hard. The big problem with that? Kyler puts the 'man' in man-whore. He's never stayed with a girl longer than a few nights, and with it being their last year in college, Syd doesn't want to risk their friendship by declaring her love. Kyler has always put Syd on a pedestal that was too high for him to reach. To him, she's perfect and she's everything. But the feelings he has for her, he's always hidden away or focused on any other female. After all, Kyler will always be the poor boy from the wrong side of tracks, and Syd will always be the one girl he can never have. But when they're stranded together at a posh ski resort due to a massive Nor'easter, there's nothing stopping their red-hot feelings for each other from coming to the surface. Can their friendship survive the attraction? Better yet, can they survive at all? Because as the snow falls, someone is stalking them, and this ski trip may be a life-changer in more ways than one.

Jennifer L. Armentrout has always been one of my favorite authors, and writing as J. Lynn she continues to do what she does best. Frigid is full of everything you expect out of Jennifer, humor, romance, a swoon worthy guy, and a crap ton of steam.. This book has sitting on my kindle for a long time now, and with the news of Scorched I figured it was time to give this one a shot. I literally devoured this book, I started it ten o'clock at night and finished it in my fourth period class the next day. 

I loved that Frigid is told in both Sydney's and Kyler's point of view. In Jen's other New Adult books doesn't have that, which makes this one stand out a bit more for me. You get to see Sydney and her struggle with her feelings towards Kyler, and how she puts it on the back burner for the sake of their friendship. Then Kyler who thinks he isn't good enough for her. I had a strong emotional connection to these characters, I will even admit to getting teary eyed at a few parts. But I loved seeing Kyler slowly come to admit that he did love Sydney more than friend and taking that step towards making their friendship more. 
 In reality, even though I’d been with everyone else, I’d always been Syd’s. -Kyler
Even though I loved Frigid it isn't my favorite J. Lynn / Jennifer L. Armentrout book. But I have never rated one of her books below four stars, and this book deserves 5 stars by far. Frigid will have your eyes glued to the page, it was addictive, and funny, and giving you all the feels. Frigid it my last J. Lynn book to read, I am caught up on all her YA and NA at this point. So until June, I have nothing else by her to read. *sad face* 

RATING:

6 comments

  1. I really loved this one too, Amber!! I cannot wait to read Schorched next!!
    The chemistry between Sydney and Kyler was fantastic and I loved their banter and friendship!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their baner and connection made the story. I love when the friends who become more is used in a story!

      Delete
  2. It took me a while to get through Half-Blood. Will I still like this if I try it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Half Blood was a much heavier read then Frigid is. So if you like steamy romances then this one is for you!

      Delete
    2. Maybe! I didn't necessarily find it hard because it was heavy. There was just... something about the prose that I couldn't put my finger on that didn't work for me. I liked the characters, though, so maybe I'll like them in this one too.

      Delete
  3. Loved, loved, loved this book. Definitely deserved 5 stars.

    ReplyDelete

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️