GIF Review: Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas

Title: Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2)
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Genre: Fantasy 
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Publication Date: August 27th 2013 
Add it to Goodreads / Buy it on Amazon

Summary:
From the throne of glass rules a king with a fist of iron and a soul as black as pitch. Assassin Celaena Sardothien won a brutal contest to become his Champion. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown. She hides her secret vigilantly; she knows that the man she serves is bent on evil. Keeping up the deadly charade becomes increasingly difficult when Celaena realizes she is not the only one seeking justice. As she tries to untangle the mysteries buried deep within the glass castle, her closest relationships suffer. It seems no one is above questioning her allegiances—not the Crown Prince Dorian; not Chaol, the Captain of the Guard; not even her best friend, Nehemia, a foreign princess with a rebel heart. Then one terrible night, the secrets they have all been keeping lead to an unspeakable tragedy. As Celaena's world shatters, she will be forced to give up the very thing most precious to her and decide once and for all where her true loyalties lie...and whom she is ultimately willing to fight for.
Brief Thoughts: 
I haven't done one of these in a while. Considering this book is complicated to talk about, and I am still freaking about it...I'll explain it in GIFs.


Reactions: 

I unwrapped Crown of Midnight (Jessica got it for me!)

First few pages

Celaena gets snarky: 

Chaol's birthday: 

That night: 

Shit hits the fan: 

My heart: 

We learn things about the king:
*This GIF is the nicer things I have thought about him*

Celaena and Chaol: 

The Ending: 

Trying to talk about it:

Me Currently: 



Rating: 

10 comments

  1. Oh dear Amber... and you still need to read Heir of Fire when all the feels multiply even more!!
    But what a fantastic GIF review because I do remember feeling all of that while reading the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to read it this week hopefully. More feels? O.o

      Thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. I love these sort of reviews and I can totally relate to every single one!! I can't wait to see what happens when you read Heir of Fire.... It's actually very difficult to read because of all the feels, but you will get through it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, it is so much fun to make them too! I keep hearing about these feels, I'm a little worried

      Delete
  3. Basically YES. NOW DO YOU SEE WHY I LOVE THIS SERIES TO PIECES?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Thanks for being a book pusher. If it wasn't for you I would have never picked it up

      Delete
  4. Beautifully told, and pretty much what happened when I read it. Love the gifs! Short, sweet, and definitely to the point!

    ReplyDelete
  5. JUST WAIT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR FEELS WHEN YOU READ HEIR OF FIRE.

    And those were definitely the same things I was feeling while reading Crown of Midnight! Awesome GIF review ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! You guys have totally terrified me with the feels now D:

      Thanks so much!

      Delete

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️