Review: The Sky Weaver by Kristen Ciccarelli

Title: The Sky Weaver (Iskari #3)
Author: Kristen Ciccarelli 
Genre: Fantasy, Dragons
Source: Wunderkind PR
Publisher: HarperTeen
Publication Date: November 12th 2019
Hardcover, 400 pages

Summary: 
At the end of one world, there always lies another. Safire, a soldier, knows her role in this world is to serve the King of Firgaard—helping to maintain the peace in her oft-troubled nation. Eris, a deadly pirate, has no such conviction. Known as the Death Dancer for her ability to evade even the most determined of pursuers, she possesses a superhuman power to move between worlds. When one can roam from dimension to dimension, can one ever be home? Can love and loyalty truly exist? Now Safire and Eris—sworn enemies—find themselves on a common mission: to find Asha, the last Namsara. From the port city of Darmoor to the fabled faraway Star Isles, their search and their stories become woven ever more tightly together as they discover the uncertain fate they’re hurtling towards may just be a shared one. In this world—and the next.

If I thought my emotions were all over the place after The Last Namsara and The Caged Queen then that was nothing compared to all the feels that The Sky Weaver has given me. The Sky Weaver had been hooked from page one and I stayed up way past my bed time to finish it. It is very rare that I can read a book in one sitting anymore and The Sky Weaver was an exception to that! Since I was introduced to Safire in The Last Namsara I couldn't wait to read a book with her as the main character and The Sky Weaver has been the remedy to that. 

The Sky Weaver had a different feel to it then the previous two novels in the series had, but it is a good different. I think it has to do with the fact that the previous novels focused on the fall of Firgaard and rebuilding it and in this novel the nation is in a good place or is on a path to being in a good place (for the most part.) I also think the fact that the old stories also play a very intricate part in Eris' story only added to this. But with all this being said I can confidently say that The Sky Weaver is my favorite book in this series! 

Another thing that made The Sky Weaver a little different is that we get both Safire and Eris' POV. We get to see the struggles that both of these girls have faced in life and the struggles they are still facing. I loved getting to be in Safire's head and her thought process. Being a half blood Safire grew up being looked down upon, she wasn't even allowed to touch her cousin's or meet their eyes in conversation. Since the rebellion she has now taken on the position of Commandant, the position that Jarek had held before the rebellion. We see a few flashbacks of Safire's treatment at Jarek's hands and all I can say is my heart broke for her. I was cheering for her as she drove that knife through his heart in the The Last Namsara and I continue to cheer for her as she continues to make decisions to better herself. 

I'm not going to talk about Eris for the fear of spoiling anything, but I will say this: I love her character and love her introduction into this world. 

THE ROMANCE. I thought Dax and Roa was a rough romance. I had no idea which way the romance in this book was going. Was it going to happen? Was I looking to far into it? When were they going to kiss? All I know is that from the moment Safire and Eris were on the same page I was shipping them. The romance aspect in The Sky Weaver has been by far my favorite romance I have read in a long time. 

The Sky Weaver wrapped up the Iskari series together rather well. Where The Last Namsara and The Caged Queen wrapped up the individual conflicts in their stories, The Sky Weaver wrapped up the story, world and characters as a whole. I am sad to be leaving this world and these characters and I do hope that Kristen revisits them one day. The Iskari will be a series that stays with me for a long time and one I plan on revisiting. 



Check out my review of The Last Namsara & The Caged Queen!
*Click the covers below to be redirected*
  

No comments

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️