Top Ten Tuesday: Characters Whose Job I Wish I Had

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl in which we create bookish lists about everything from our favorite characters to love triangles and everything in between! 


This Week's Theme: Characters Whose Job I Wish I Had 

Today, I'm picking ten characters (in no particular order!) in some of my favorite books to discuss their jobs that I wish I had. So without further ado, let's get into it:

1. Lucy/Josh's publishing job in THE HATING GAME by Sally Thorne. Working at a publishing house has always been my dream, so I would absolutely love that!

2. Carey's assistant job in THE HONEY-DON'T LIST by Christina Lauren. While at times the job seemed to make her miserable, I think it would be so cool to be part of the team behind such a successful home renovation show, book tour, and production.

3. Reyna's hotel manager job in WHERE THE RHYTHM TAKES YOU by Sarah Dass. I've always dreamed of one day owning or running a hotel, so it was fun to live vicariously through her throughout the book!

4. Louna's wedding planning job in ONCE AND FOR ALL by Sarah Dessen. I've said it before -- if I didn't want to be a writer or work in publishing, my Plan C would be to be a wedding planner. I am a hopeless romantic at heart and I love planning parties, so it would be a perfect fit for me!

5. Beatrice's queen title in AMERICAN ROYALS by Katharine McGee. I mean, come on. I am obsessed with royalty stories and would *love* to be the Queen of America.

6. Jasmine's telenovela star job in YOU HAD ME AT HOLA by Alexis Daria. I am a HUGE Jane the Virgin fan, and this book gave off those vibes in such an exciting way. Although I think I'd rather be a writer on the show than an actress myself! 

7. Bethany's interior designer job in TOOLS OF ENGAGEMENT by Tessa Bailey. I mean, I think I'd be a pretty good home designer. I definitely have a lot of Bethany's style and taste in decor, so I think it could absolutely be pulled off.

8. Shay's radio show job in THE EX TALK by Rachel Lynn Solomon. A podcast all about love and relationships?! If I had the time to do it, I already would be. I love the idea so much!

9. Kit Sweetly's knight job in THE LIFE AND (MEDIEVAL) TIMES OF KIT SWEETLY by Jamie Pacton. I've only been to Medieval Times once in my life, but it was a blast and Emily and I really enjoyed it. I like the idea of working there myself! 

10. January's romance novelist job in BEACH READ by Emily Henry. This is quite literally my dream job, and escaping to a beachfront rental house to finish the book? That sounds like actual heaven to me!

So those are ten characters whose jobs I wished I had! What are yours? Comment down below and let me know!



No comments

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️