Top Ten Tuesday: Online Resources for Book Lovers

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl in which we create bookish lists about everything from our favorite characters to love triangles and everything in between! 


This Week's Theme: Online Resources for Book Lovers

I'm actually really excited about this week's theme, because it's something different that really forces me to think -- online resources for book lovers! Basically, this prompt is described as listing any sort of website, resource, etc. that a book lover would enjoy. Some of these were really easy to come up with, and some of them were pretty hard! So without further ado, here are my picks for online resources for book lovers:

1. Goodreads. This one is a given! It's my preferred method for logging my reads, writing reviews, and keeping up with bookish friends. 

2. Twitter. Book Twitter is easily our social media platform of choice! We love being able to chat in real-time with some of our favorite authors, fellow bloggers, and readers.

3. Facebook groups. Believe it or not, there are TONS of reader Facebook groups out there -- book clubs, general genre readers, specific groups for a certain author or book series...you can always find a bookish community on there! 

4. The Welcome to YA Book Twitter list. If you're looking to jump into Book Twitter, we created a list of accounts to follow containing some popular YA accounts, readers, agents, literary agencies, teen imprints, and more! 

5. The Hey YA podcast. This is a YA-focused podcast from Book Riot that I listen to every week while I'm at work, and it really helps you stay up to date on the latest book releases, and they host some awesome roundups and book summaries that have helped me find new reads! 

6. YA Books Central. One of our favorite longtime YA book blog platforms! 

7. Bookstagram. Similar to Twitter, the bookish side of Instagram is the perfect place to find likeminded readers! 

8. Shelf Awareness. This free newsletter hits my inbox every Tuesday with the latest publishing news, book releases, and drama...if you want to stay up to date with the publishing world, this is a resource that I absolutely recommend! 

9. The B&N Podcast. Tons of great interviews are hosted on Barnes & Noble's podcast! 

10. Book Outlet. The only thing better than buying books is buying books at a discount! We've been using Book Outlet since back when we started blogging, and it was always a great way to score some deal.

So those are ten online resources for book lovers! Are you familiar with any of my choices? Did you learn about any new ones? Have any that you disagree with or think I forgot? Comment down below and let me know!

And don't forget to share your own resources with me -- I'd love to see them!









1 comment

  1. I love YA Books Central! Shelf Awareness is good too for discovering new books!

    ReplyDelete

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️