The College Diaries: Starting MFA Thesis Classes!

Hi everyone! I just have a quick College Diaries update for you all today -- I officially started my thesis courses for my MFA program! For anyone who isn't familiar with the process, I basically get to take a string of three classes that focuses entirely on me writing, revising, and getting my novel ready for publication. It's the big pinnacle of the whole program, and I'm so unbelievably excited about it!

Anyone who knows me knows that it's always been my dream to be a published author, and while an MFA degree definitely doesn't guarantee those chances, it still is such an incredible thing to do, and I'm so glad that I decided to take the leap and join the program. For the first time in a long time, I get to put my writing and my dreams of being an author first, instead of letting them sit on the backburner in favor of everything else I have going on. Not only has this program really helped me improve my writing, but now it's time for me to put the pedal to the metal and really focus on #BeachTownWIP! It also helps that I have an amazing advisor that I am so excited about, and I feel like she's really the best fit for me and my work.

I just -- ugh. I'm so excited. This isn't a very eloquent update by any stretch, but I really just wanted to pop in and let you guys know that it's finally happening...I'm almost done with my MFA program, and I'll have a finished and polished novel to show for it!! Eeeeeeep.

If you're interested in keeping up with my MFA journey, you can also subscribe to my author newsletter!





No comments

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️