Review: When Everyone Thinks You're Gone

Title: When Everyone Thinks You're Gone
Author: Amelia Faith
Rating: ★★★★ (5/5 stars)






Let me start off by sharing an important (and super awesome) fact about author Amelia Faith...she's only fifteen years old and you can already buy copies of her book online! She started off by posting her story, When Everyone Thinks You're Gone, on Miss Literati (I use the same website to post some of my stories!). I think that the fact that a teenager can write an awesome story and then get published at such a young age is super inspiring. I want to be an author later on, and seeing that someone my age can make it in the writing world gives me a lot of motivation. Props to you, Amelia!

Quick fact: Did you know that author S.E. Hinton was only 16 when she started writing The Outsiders?

So, a quick summary of the story...I'll make it super quick and simple so I can get to reviewing! Charlotte and her best friend Justin get into a fight. The last words that she ever says to her best friend are "I hate you." And later that night, bam, Justin dies in a car accident. Charlotte's world is turned upside down. But then she starts seeing Justin everywhere, he "comes back" in a way, and she falls in love with him. Buuuut it gets better. [Insert super-adorable Angel named Emmett that Charlotte starts to fall for here.] What'll happen next? Read it and see!

Pros:

This book took a totally different approach on love stories. It had all of the basic elements of a romance plot--a love triangle, best friends in love, love that you can't have, etc. The fact that Justin dies in a car accident totally tugs on your heartstrings. When he starts visiting Charlotte and they fall in love, you start to get really attached. I've never been one for romance novels, but when Charlotte starts falling in love with Emmett, my heart started screaming, "NO, YOU IDIOT. YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE WITH JUSTIN. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Throughout the story, though, I started warming up to Emmett.

Cons:

There's really only one thing that I didn't like about this book, but it's all a matter of opinion, so if you don't agree, then I technical don't have any cons. Anyway, the only thing that I didn't like was that Charlotte and Justin were best friends, yet she seemed to give him up so easily for Emmett. I know that there was no way that her and Justin could be together, but it just made me really sad. Like, I literally started texting all of my friends (we were all reading it together) and we all had a cry-fest.

All in all, When Everyone Thinks You're Gone was an extremely well-written romance story that drew me in from the very beginning. Faith's writing style is advanced and super-intriguing, especially for a teenager! Amelia Faith has inspired me to keep writing, and she proved that age doesn't matter--if you're a great writer, people will love your story.

Special thanks to Amelia Faith, and look for the sequel of When Everyone Thinks You're Gone, coming on June 7th!


No comments

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️