Nominated For a Liebster Blog Award!

Recently, we were nominated for the Liebster Award by Emily @ Tea & Fangirling

About the Award: 

"The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn't that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it's a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs." -(We Loved Here)

Rules:

1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you, plus create 11 questions for the people you tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!

11 Things About Amber: 

1. I sleep way too much. 
2. My favorite food place is Taco Bell. 
3. I am a junior in high school. 
4. I have 3 siblings: 2 brothers and 1 sister.
5. I'd rather read than go out and socialize.
6. Starbucks is my biggest weakness.
7. I speak horrible Italian.
8. I am from Long Island, New York.
9. I want to go to medical school.
10. My youngest brother will be in 3rd grade when I graduate high school.
11. Did I mention I like Taco Bell? 

11 Things about Jessica: 

1. I love reading and writing.
2. I actually published my first book not too long ago, which you can buy by clicking here!
3. I've been dancing for 14 years.
4. I want to go to Columbia University to get a Creative Writing degree.
5. Nutella is love, Nutella is life.
6. My favorite book is Looking for Alaska by John Green.
7. I forced my boyfriend to read TFiOS to see if he would cry (he claims he didn't, but I believe otherwise).
8. I have one brother and one sister, both younger than me.
9. I'm currently applying to work at Barnes & Noble.
10. I'm currently writing my second book.
11. This is going to be my second year as a NaNoWriMo Participant!


Our 11 questions from Emily @ Tea & Fangirling:

1. What is your favorite genre of books?
Amber: Fantasy, Science Fiction, Horror and sometimes Mystery. It depends on the book, though!
Jessica: I'm all for YA, specifically contemporary!


2. Do you have any pets?
Amber: I have a Yellow Lab named Bud and a black Beta fish named Smokey.
Jessica: I have several--a naughty little beagle named Lola Belle, a beta fish named Mugsy Mallone, a goldfish named Cam, and a sugar glider named Zoey!

3. What is your favorite stand-alone book of all time?
Amber: I have to pick one? I guess The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.
Jessica: Looking for Alaska by John Green, for sure.


4. What is your favorite final book in a series you've read?
Amber: Again, I have to pick one? This is really hard. But I have to say the conclusion to Rachel Vincent's Soul Screamers series.
Jessica: I'm not a huge fan of series books, but the conclusion to the Gossip Girl series was pretty good.


5. Least favorite book character?
Amber: Adam from Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. I liked him at first but then by the end of the trilogy I hated him.
Jessica: I'm going to have to say Adrian from Vampire Academy and from Bloodlines. I just can't make myself like him..I don't know.


6. Favorite childhood book series?
Amber: Haha, I didn't like reading as a child. You couldn't even get me to read Dr. Seuss.
Jessica: I was a big fan of Nancy Drew and Trixie Belden.


7. Favorite TV show?
Amber: Pretty Little Liars.
Jessica: Definitely Degrassi.


8. What is one book that you can read again and again and never get tired of?
Amber: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Jessica: It's definitely a tie between The Fault in Our Stars and Looking for Alaska, both by John Green.


9. A book character you wish was real?
Amber: Daemon Black from Jennifer L. Armentrout's Lux series or Augustus Waters from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.
Jessica: Augustus Waters! That boy is a godsend. 


10. Favorite author you follow on Twitter?

Jessica: @realjohngreen


11. Favorite book quote?
Amber: “My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations.”
Jessica: "Love is just a shout into the void, and oblivion is inevitable."


We Tag: 



Our Questions For Our Tagged: 

1. If you had to choose, who would be your book boyfriend?

2. If you could redesign one book cover, which book would it be?

3. What's one book character that you wish had their own series?

4. What was the worst book you've ever read?

5. Why was the book you mentioned in Question #4 the worst book you've ever read?

6. If you could recommend one book to the whole world, what would it be?

7. What's one of your favorite book blogs that you follow? (Tag them!)

8. What was the last book you read (completely finished)?

9. How many books do you want to read throughout 2014? (If you have a Goodreads account--what is your 2014 Reading Challenge goal?)

10. What's one genre that you just can't get into?

11. What's your favorite thing about being a book blogger?



Thanks again for our nomination, Emily!

2 comments

  1. Awesome post! Amber-- I also have a big weakness for Starbucks ;) Jessica-- That's so cool that you dance! Yay for fellow dancers :) Nancy Drew was also my favorite childhood series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lovely!
    I've already taken part in this twice but it was lovely for you to nominate me. Means a lot, thank you!

    ~Mily
    The YA's Nightstand

    ReplyDelete

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️