Review: Reboot by Amy Tintera

Title: Reboot (Reboot #1)
Author: Amy Tintera
Genre: Science Fiction, Dystopia, Romance
Number of Pages: 365
Publisher: HarperTeen
Published: May 7, 2014

Summary:
Five years ago, Wren Connolly was shot three times in the chest. After 178 minutes she came back as a Reboot: stronger, faster, able to heal, and less emotional. The longer Reboots are dead, the less human they are when they return. Wren 178 is the deadliest Reboot in the Republic of Texas. Now seventeen years old, she serves as a soldier for HARC (Human Advancement and Repopulation Corporation).

Wren’s favorite part of the job is training new Reboots, but her latest newbie is the worst she’s ever seen. As a 22, Callum Reyes is practically human. His reflexes are too slow, he’s always asking questions, and his ever-present smile is freaking her out. Yet there’s something about him she can’t ignore. When Callum refuses to follow an order, Wren is given one last chance to get him in line—or she’ll have to eliminate him. Wren has never disobeyed before and knows if she does, she’ll be eliminated, too. But she has also never felt as alive as she does around Callum.

The perfect soldier is done taking orders.


~~~


I am not going to lie. I had to drag myself through the last one hundred pages of Reboot. I heard such great things that when I saw it at the book store I picked it up and figured it would get around to reading it eventually. I had really high hopes for it too and I was disappointed. 

I liked the idea of the book. It was really cool. But I just moved slow in my opinion. The book really didn't start until I was three quarters of the way in. 

From reading my other reviews it is probably easy to see that I am a sucker for romance, but Reboot just made me roll my eyes and bite through it. Don't get my wrong, I found Wren and Callum really adorable but it was cheesy. I especially how it started that Wren didn't need anyone but in the end she was clearly depending on Callum. 

The idea behind Reboot is what really had me getting through it. I wanted to know what was going to happen, though I didn't like the overall plot I liked the setting. 

I will read on in the series, because I am curious on how it is going to end. But I am not going to go into Rebel with as high as hopes as I did for Reboot


                    RATING: ★★






2 comments

  1. I agree! I loved the idea of the book, I just felt that it didn't translate well from the idea to the words in the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It had a lot of potential too. The idea was different. It took me hours to write this review because I just didn't know what to say

      Delete

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️