I'm Back! (Amber Talks About WHY She Went on A Hiatus)

I'm Back!



You guys, it has been a few weeks since I left the blogging word with a short twitter message and a lot going on in my life. It was a hasty decision in my part, and at the moment I wasn't proud that I had to do it. But now coming back I am glad I did. Here is the message: 



Mental Health:
I've talked about my mental health struggles on twitter before to a few followers. At the end of August I felt myself slipping back into a dark hole. For a few weeks I was alright, I was just tired and lost interest in some things. Then school, college apps, and work started and I couldn't handle it. I was snapping at the smallest things, crying for no reason and I felt like everyone was against me. I am also working as a cashier at a grocery store, and that was a whole new stress with in its self. When people don't know you they can say very rude things with out it bothering them. I was at a point in my life that I just didn't care anymore. I been a work in progress the past few weeks, I been getting myself help all along since I was younger. So it was a change in medications and learning new ways to deal with it. I'm still not 100% but I am feeling better then I was. 

Blogging was becoming a competition to me: I am ashamed to admit this part. I LOVE blogging. I love the people. I love the books. I love it all. But it was becoming a big competition to me. I would get upset when I saw another blogger with a galley I requested and didn't get. A little competition is okay, but it was starting to become a little unhealthy about how mad and disappointed I would get when things didn't work in my favor. I've done one BIG reality check during my hiatus. I don't blog for the books, I blog because I LOVE talking about books and promoting them. It really isn't a big deal if I don't get them. 

I just want to send huge hugs and kisses to everyone who helped and supported me during my hiatus. You are all beyond awesome! *Huge hugs* And thank you to Jessica for not killing our baby while I was gone. 



6 comments

  1. I'm glad you're back and feel that you're in a better place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not getting into the mental health topic because, what do I know? Only you know how you feel and what's better for you. It would be pretentious of me to say...well, just about anything. But what I can indeed say is, once again - BLOGGING SHOULDN'T FEEL LIKE A CHORE OR A COMPETITION. And unfortunately, it's so easy to fall into that trap. So, kudos to you for realising you had done just that, and being able to crawl your way out of it. Glad you're feeling better, and I'm sure you're gonna rock the blogging world again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back. Everyone needs some down time to reboot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are back and in a better place. Blogging should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm happy you are feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're at a point where you feel ready to come back, Amber. And big props to you for recognizing when you needed to step back and get some help! I'm looking forward to seeing your posts again. :)

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️