December Book Recommendations!

mickey mouse disney GIF

DECEMBER RECOMMENDATIONS!

The last month of 2017 is here -- which means that there's still a little bit of time left to pick up some good books and catch up to our 2017 Reading Challenges on Goodreads! All year long, I've been using the first day of every month to quickly showcase three reads I've been loving and would totally recommend, and this month is going to be no different. So make some hot cocoa and settle in by the fire for these great reads, because you definitely don't want to miss them. 

Without further ado, here are my recommendations for December!


30040068

Title: A Short History of the Girl Next Door
Authors: Jared Reck
Publisher: Knopf Books
Why I'm Recommending It: I received an advanced copy of this book at BookCon this past year, and I only got around to reading it recently. I was expecting a cute little love story, but in the mere 260 pages of this book it managed to make me laugh, cry, and everything in between. This book packs a punch and takes you on an emotional roller coaster like no other, and since it's such a small book, you can definitely fly through it in a day -- trust me, you won't want to stop turning the pages once you pick it up, because this book is really, truly amazing. If you want to read my review, you can click here!

32048554

Title: Windfall
Author: Jennifer E. Smith
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Why I'm Recommending It: I could not even begin to imagine what would happen if I suddenly found out that I won the lottery, but that is exactly what this book does. When Teddy wins big (as one of the youngest winners ever), the strain on his relationships with his friends, family, and even his other peers start to go haywire, and you get a glimpse into the craziness of what may happen if you suddenly won it all. This book was super sweet and also super heart-wrenching at times, and Jennifer E. Smith takes you on a trip yet again with another incredible book. You can read my review here!

28421168

Title: Renegades
Author: Marissa Meyer
Publisher: Fiewel & Friends
Why I'm Recommending It: I am not really one that's a huge fan of science fiction and fantasy books, so at first I wasn't sure if I was going to like this one -- especially since it's such a big book! But it turns out that all of my worries were unfounded, because as soon as I picked up this book, I was glued to the intricate world of heroes and villains and powers and I just couldn't put it down. It was really such a spectacular read! If you want to read my review, you can click here.

I can't believe that this is my last book recommendations post for 2017! It's been such an incredible year with so many great reads, and I hope that you all found some new books worth picking up through these posts. Enjoy the holidays and stay warm!  

saturday night live christmas rapping GIF by HULU


If you want, check out my book recommendations for previous months in 2017!
January Recommendations
February Recommendations
March Recommendations
April Recommendations
May Recommendations
June Recommendations
July Recommendations
August Recommendations
September Recommendations


No comments

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️