Interview with Lauren Mansy!


Hi! Hello! Today we have an awesome interview with Lauren Mansy, the amazing mind behind The Memory Thief. I had the opportunity to read The Memory Thief and posted my review yesterday (It can be found here!) and I loved it! The Memory Thief is one of my favorite books that I (Amber,) have read this year and I can't wait for it to in everyone's hands. 


"The Memory Thief was inspired by Lauren Mansy's own journey when her mother was diagnosed with a heart condition and it was uncertain that she would survive surgery or would have many of her memories when she woke up. My own mother was diagnosed with a heart condition the summer I graduated high school and has been through countless tests and surgeries. Each time I had the same worries, was she going to survive? Was she going to forget the life she had? Having read this about Laruen Mansy and where her inspiration came from gave me an even bigger appreciation for a story I had already loved." -Blurb taken from Amber's Review.


Interview!

TBB: How does it feel that THE MEMORY THIEF is debuting this year?
Lauren: Absolutely amazing! This story is very dear to my heart, and I couldn’t be more excited to share it with readers. One of my favorite things about my debut year has also been the relationships made along the way. I’ve been very grateful to work alongside such incredible and creative individuals, and I’ve loved getting to know other debuts, booksellers, authors, educators, and librarians. It’s such an amazing community, and I’ll forever cherish these friendships.

TBB: In the length of a tweet (280 characters!) can you give us an overall summary of THE MEMORY THIEF?
Lauren: Sure! Memory thief Etta Lark must return to the world of theft she left behind—the black market of memories—to complete the greatest heist of her life and save her comatose mother’s memories from the auction block.

TBB: If you had the possibility to steal a memory from anyone in the world, who would it be and why?
Lauren: Oooh, such a great question. In this world, there are individuals called Collectors, who spend years mastering talents and creating rare memories to sell off to the highest bidders. One Collector is a thrill-seeker. He can usually be found jumping off cliffs so he can sell the rush of adrenaline for a very high price, and he’s pretty much my exact opposite. Since I’m terrified of heights, I can promise you won’t find me cliff jumping anytime soon, but if there was a chance to snatch his memories, I might be tempted to do so :)

TBB: The cover of THE MEMORY THIEF is stunning! What was your reaction when you first saw it?
Lauren: I remember this moment very clearly! I was actually with my mom when I saw the email from my editor, and it was a rush of ALL the emotions. Racing heart, shaking hands, excited screams … and that was all before I even opened the email :) Once the image popped up, I couldn’t imagine loving it more. That’s when the tears came! It had all the elements my lovely editor and I had talked about, which the fantastic designer Jeff Miller weaved together in ways that so perfectly fit the story. I’m thrilled that you like it – I love it too!

TBB: I heard you were at BookExpo this year! What was your experience with signing galleys of your novel and meeting the readers eager to read THE MEMORY THIEF?
Lauren: It was a fantastic experience! Having the chance to meet readers is a wonderful gift and definitely a favorite part about being a writer. Being surrounded by people who love books is both an inspiring and amazing feeling. I met so many lovely readers, librarians, educators, and industry professionals, and I’m convinced that BookExpo was full of some of the nicest people in the world. It was truly an honor to be there.

TBB: What are Etta and Reid up to now after the events of THE MEMORY THIEF?
Lauren: Love this question! The two of them often pop up whenever I let my mind wander, and I have a feeling they’re traveling … perhaps exploring other Realms and creating new memories together. Etta has no doubt brought her journal along to document their new adventures, and Reid is probably reminding her to live in the moment. There’s quite a lot that happens to the two of them in The Memory Thief, so they probably deserve a little rest and relaxation :)

TBB: Do you have any plans for after THE MEMORY THIEF that you can share?
Lauren: Since The Memory Thief is a stand-alone, I’m currently working on a few projects that I’m very excited about! I’m also in the midst of planning The Memory Thief release party, and I’m so looking forward to it. It’s been a wonderful journey so far, and I’m incredibly grateful for the chance to celebrate with readers, friends, and family.


ABOUT THE MEMORY THIEF! 
Title: The Memory Thief
Author: Lauren Mansy
Genre: Fantasy
Publisher: Blink
Publication Date: October 1st 2019
Summary: In the city of Craewick, memories reign. The power-obsessed ruler of the city, Madame, has cultivated a society in which memories are currency, citizens are divided by ability, and Gifted individuals can take memories from others through touch as they please. Seventeen-year-old Etta Lark is desperate to live outside of the corrupt culture, but grapples with the guilt of an accident that has left her mother bedridden in the city’s asylum. When Madame threatens to put her mother up for auction, a Craewick practice in which a “criminal's" memories are sold to the highest bidder before being killed, Etta will do whatever it takes to save her. Even if it means rejoining the Shadows, the rebel group she swore off in the wake of the accident years earlier. To prove her allegiance to the Shadows and rescue her mother, Etta must steal a memorized map of the Maze, a formidable prison created by the bloodthirsty ruler of a neighboring Realm. So she sets out on a journey in which she faces startling attacks, unexpected romance, and, above all, her own past in order to set things right in her world.
PRE-ORDER THE MEMORY THIEF!


Thank you so much Lauren for stopping by today and answering our questions! We loved The Memory Thief and can't wait for it to be out in the world Make sure to pre-order and add The Memory Thief to your TBR!



No comments

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️