Waiting on Wednesday: Meet Cute Diary by Emery Lee

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine where we highlight some of the upcoming books we can't wait to read!  

 

Title: Meet Cute Diary

Author: Emery Lee
Publisher: Quill Tree Books
Hardcover, 400 Pages
Publication Date: May 4th, 2021

Summary: Noah Ramirez thinks he’s an expert on romance. He has to be for his popular blog, the Meet Cute Diary, a collection of trans happily ever afters. There’s just one problem—all the stories are fake. What started as the fantasies of a trans boy afraid to step out of the closet has grown into a beacon of hope for trans readers across the globe. When a troll exposes the blog as fiction, Noah’s world unravels. The only way to save the Diary is to convince everyone that the stories are true, but he doesn’t have any proof. Then Drew walks into Noah’s life, and the pieces fall into place: Drew is willing to fake-date Noah to save the Diary. But when Noah’s feelings grow beyond their staged romance, he realizes that dating in real life isn’t quite the same as finding love on the page.

 

I first found out about this book when another blogger friend Tweeted about it, and once I looked it up, I was super interested and immediately added the book to my TBR. I'm always down for a fake dating trope, and this one sounds right up my alley! I'm really intrigued to see how the diary gets exposed as fake, and how Noah and Drew try to save it. So if you need me, I'll be eagerly awaiting this book's release in May! 

What are you waiting on this week? Leave your links so I can stop back! 


No comments

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️