Confessions of a YA Book Blogger


Forgive me blogosphere for I have sinned... 

(I felt like this GIF fit)  

1. I debate daily if I should take a nap or read. Everyday I have the same argument with myself. Spoiler alert: I always end up sleeping. 

2. I request too many digital ARCs and overwhelm myself. Why? Because I can.  I need to learn to limited myself, but I always end up requesting too many and overwhelming myself. Eventually I'll learn. 

3. I DNF a lot of books. Why read something your aren't enjoying? I read for pleasure. Not to be tormented. 

4. I can't read fast because of my ADHD. Its been a more recent thing, but I use to be able to read 5 books a week (sometimes more) and now it takes me a week to read a book or two. 

5. I constantly come up with discussions posts but I am too lazy to actually type them. The struggle is real. 

6. When ever I buy something I think about how many books I could have bought instead. It was especially bad when I bought my car. I could have bought 222 Hard cover books or 400 paper backs! 

7. Sometimes, I hate writing reviews. Sometimes I am just not in the mood to review something. (I do though!)  I would rather watch Netflix or start another book. 

8. I am forgetful. If Jessica doesn't remind me to do something blog related I will put it off and forget about it. 

9. I relate better with NA characters then YA characters. (Most times)  I don't read much NA anymore, but I use to be able to relate with those characters more then ones in YA. 

10. I've canceled plans to stay home and read. *Shrugs* *Coughs* *Shrugs again*

11. I feel like my reviews aren't good. Despite not feeling up to writing reviews I always try and put 110% in, but I feel like they aren't good enough. 

Now its your turn! Are you guilty of some of these things? Leave a confession in the comments below! 


3 comments

  1. I DNF a lot of books too! I thought I was the only one. I'm super picky & critical as a reader, though, so it takes a lot to impress me. And just an FYI from someone who writes, your reviews are wonderful, even if you think they aren't. I get intimidated to review books simply because bloggers are so amazing at doing so. It's not my strong point, but reviews always matter and always help, so don't doubt yourself. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I actually do 99% of these! It's totally normal, don't you feel bad about this. I always overwhelm myself and end up procrastinating then I end up not reading any of my review books.. The coming up with discussion posts is actually funny because I'm doing that right now. The thing is, I come up with them and write them on paper and somehow I also feel lazy to type them out on my computer. This is a new level of lazy..

    I love your blog, so don't stress too much!♥

    Have a great day.

    Jumana @ Books by Jay

    ReplyDelete

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️