NaNoWriMo 2017 Kickoff Post!

Image result for national novel writing monthyou


It's Day Three of NaNoWriMo, and I am totally pumped. Hopefully everyone got off to a great start!

If you're new to the blog, then let me explain: I participate in National Novel Writing Month every year, and throughout the month of November I sprinkle in a few posts about my progress. So now that it's officially here, it means that I have been stocking up on all sorts of sugary Halloween candy and retreating to my writing cave (AKA my desk in my cluttered dorm room) every night to string together a few more threads of my story. 

Not going to lie, the adjustment from doing NaNoWriMo at home in high school versus doing it in college is WORLDS different. I have so much to do now that I have very little time in my day (if any) for leisure activities. So I really have to work some writing time into my schedule every day, and I'm working on trying not to feel guilty when I do, because when you're in college basically everything you do outside of the library or class feels like procrastinating. Even taking a shower or eating your first meal in four days. You can't enjoy a moment without thinking of all the things you could be doing with that precious time. 

It's seriously exhausting.

So here's to hoping that things get a little better this time around, because I'm off to a good start and I am looking to finish up my current work in progress this time around. Although I started writing it a little bit before NaNoWriMo, I'm using November as the kick in the butt I needed to get me to finish up this story.

As for what I'm writing, I'm going to keep that under wraps a little bit, because I feel like the more I talk about my book to people, the more pressure is on and the less excited I feel to complete it. So while I'll withhold all of the juicy details for the time being, I can say that it's a story about a girl who is the daughter of two of the world's most famous writers of the time...while she has no writing talent whatsoever. And it's when she gets dragged on a writing retreat with her parents that she meets a boy...and what happens between them is definitely interesting, to say the least.

Yeah. I'm a big fan of mushy, gushy, swoon-worthy and adorable romances. 

How's NaNoWriMo going for you guys? Did you start a new piece or are you looking to finish one? What's it about? Comment down below and tell me everything! (I am nosy. And I also like my writer friends.)


No comments

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️