Review: Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo

Title: Siege and Storm (Grishaverse #2)
Author: Leigh Bardugo
Genre: Fantasy
Publisher: Henry Holt and Company
Publication Date: June 4th, 2013

Summary: 
Darkness never dies. Hunted across the True Sea, haunted by the lives she took on the Fold, Alina must try to make a life with Mal in an unfamiliar land. She finds starting new is not easy while keeping her identity as the Sun Summoner a secret. She can’t outrun her past or her destiny for long. The Darkling has emerged from the Shadow Fold with a terrifying new power and a dangerous plan that will test the very boundaries of the natural world. With the help of a notorious privateer, Alina returns to the country she abandoned, determined to fight the forces gathering against Ravka. But as her power grows, Alina slips deeper into the Darkling’s game of forbidden magic, and farther away from Mal. Somehow, she will have to choose between her country, her power, and the love she always thought would guide her--or risk losing everything to the oncoming storm.


“What is infinite? The universe and the greed of men.”

So, I am very well aware that The Darkling is horrible and he deserves to die and he treats Alina like shit and I am probably going to go to hell for this observation but: I am still kinda in love with him? I know. I know. He is horrible but there is a part of me that still loves him. *sigh*

I blew through Shadow and Bone in less than a day so I was expecting the same with Siege and Storm but I took me a couple of days. I enjoyed it just as much as the first book, I love how Leigh keeps adding on to the Grisha world and making it so incredibly real.


I also listened to the audio book for parts of this one. I work in fast food so when I go into work in the mornings I have to prep stuff for two hours so I put my headphones in and jam out to music. I decided that I was going to use my time wisely and bought the audio book. I loved it. I love the narrator's voice and I loved learning how some of the words in this book were pronounced.

I am going to keep this review short for the fact that I don't have much to talk about. Well, I do. But I don't write spoiler reviews. Sooooo......


I mentioned in my Shadow and Bone review how I found that Mal was super whiny and kind of annoyed me a little bit. I continued to ship Mal and Alina though until Bardugo introduced Nikolai and it was all over. I have a feeling that my new ship is going to sink pretty fast, but a girl can dream. 



Overall I'm in love with this series, I'm waiting for the heartbreak that Ruin and Rising is going to bring me. But I can't wait to see how all of their stories end. 




2 comments

  1. I need this in my life now! A third love interest though!? Not sure how i'm quiiiite feeling about that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ehh it is so slight and I think I shipped it more then necessary lol!

      Delete

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️