Top Ten Tuesday: Books You’d Mash Together

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl in which we create bookish lists about everything from our favorite characters to love triangles and everything in between!
This weeks theme: Books You'd Mash Together 


I've honestly never thought of mashing my favorite books together, so I am a little at a lost on where to begin. But this seems like it is going to be super fun! Some of these are super serious mashups that I am totally for and others are ones for shits and giggles be cause they are totally opposites of each other. 



1. Twilight & Divergent


 

Just thinking about putting Edward in any other setting rather then Twilight manages to crack me up. Imagine Bella becoming dauntless? Edward would be having a temper tantrum. 

2. An Ember in the AshesShadow and Bone

  

Can you imagine putting Alina, Laia, Mal, Elias, Nikolai, Helene, The Darkling and The Commandant together? They book would literally drip blood, heart break and lust. Just the idea of all of these characters being together gives me the tingles. 

3. Shadow and BoneSix of Crows

 

I know this books are set in the same universe but Six of Crows is set after the Shadow and Bone trilogy so there is no cross over of characters. I couldn't even imagine the banter and the conflicting personalities a mash up of these books would be.

4. Throne of GlassPretty Little Liars 

 

Putting the Throne of Glass characters in a modern day murder mystery would be hysterical because they would be trying to chop everyone's heads off.  

5. Obsidian & Sweet Evil 

 

I don't think I need an explanation on these ones but Jenn and Wendy write some of my favorite characters in YA and I would love with all my heart to see a book with all of their characters together. I think it would be amazing! 


Those are my book mash ups! I would love to hear yours! Leave your links below and I'll stop on by! 


22 comments

  1. Still haven't read Six of Crows, but I do really want to. It sounds so epic. And cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Six of Crows is a book I push on everyone. It is so worth the read, whether you read The Grisha Triology or not. I hope you enjoy when you read it!

      Delete
  2. Divergent and Twilight- that's a series I would buy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The idea of Bella as Dauntless did make me chuckle! :-) Great list! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a lot of YA characters would choose Dauntless because they always seem to be fighting something. When I was challenged to do a fusion Fanfic on AO3 last month, I combined Legend and Divergent and Day and June both chose Dauntless.

    I didn't do a mashup; instead, I put the characters in alternative universes (which is a similar idea, at least): http://www.brookereviewsnsweeps.com/2018/08/alternate-universes-for-books-top-ten-tuesday/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Throne of Glass and Pretty Little Liars would be very interesting. I never would've thought of that, lol.
    Here is our TTT: https://thebookdutchesses.com/2018/08/07/ttt-39-books-youd-mash-together/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Twilight and Divergent would make for a funny mashup. I don't think Edward would have any idea at all how to respond to that sort of world.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Six of Crows and Shadow and Bone would be SUCH an awesome mash up!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lot of these are so funny! The Throne of Glass/Pretty Little Liars mash up had me laughing. Great answers! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. An Ember in the Ashes and Shadow and Bone would be excellent together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't do this week's TTT because I didn't feel creative enough, but I LOVE YOUR ANSWERS! You definitely don't give yourself enough credit.

    I haven't even read Twilight, but I would pay good money to see Twilight and Divergent mashed together. I would also like to see a mashup of The Selection and a hardcore dystopian, like The 5th Wave. Imagining America and Maxon dealing with aliens is just too funny.

    Tessa @ Crazy for YA

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Edward would be having a temper tantrum."
    Not just a temper tantrum, but also a heart attack, if he was still alive & had a heart, that is. 😂

    Bahaha, I love your mashups, especially your description for the TOG & PLL one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel like there actually is crossover between Shadow and Bone and Six of Crows, but I might be wrong! I'd definitely read the Shadow and Bone + Ember crossover!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH MY GOD. The Twilight characters in the Divergent universe is HILARIOUS!!!! I'm laughing just thinking about it. This is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to see a mash up of Six of Crows and Shadow and Bone, and by mash up I mean the same as you I'd love to see all the characters join forces because if they do I don't think there's anything that could stop them.
    Great picks for this topic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mashing Twilight and Divergent would be hilarious! Fun picks for this prompt! Thanks for stopping by mine earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Edward in Divergent would be extremely hilarious! Great picks for this week :)

    Megan - My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Interesting ideas. Like the thought of "mashing" books...

    ReplyDelete
  18. An Ember in the Ashes and Shadow and Bone would become so bloody. Darkling would enjoy it all..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another great theme! I'm terrible at thinking about books to mash together, but I'm having so much fun reading so many great ideas! Please, sign me up for the Throne of Glass and Pretty Little Liars mash-up! It'd be SOOOOO hilarious! xD xD

    ReplyDelete
  20. love this idea and loved hearing all ur thoughts! c:

    ReplyDelete

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️