ARC Review: Save Me by Jenny Elliott

Title: Save Me
Author: Jenny Elliott
Genre: Romance, Paranormal
Source: Publisher
Publisher: Swoon Reads
Publication Date: January 6, 2015
Add it to Goodreads / Pre-order it on Amazon

Summary: 
Debut-novelist Jenny Elliott’s thrilling romance, chosen by readers, writers, and publishers for the first list in the new Swoon Reads imprint, pours on the tension and danger in an addictive combination that will keep you turning pages! 
Something strange is going on in the tiny coastal town of Liberty, Oregon. Cara has never seen a whale swim close enough for her to touch it—let alone knock her into the freezing water. Fortunately, cute newcomer David is there to save her, and the rescue leads to a bond deeper than Cara ever imagined. 
But then she learns something about David that changes everything, and Cara is devastated. She turns to her best friend for support, but Rachel has changed. She’s suddenly into witchcraft, and is becoming dangerously obsessed with her new boyfriend…. 
Cara has lost her best friend, discovered that her soul mate is off limits, and has attracted the attention of a stalker. But she’s not completely alone. Her mysterious, gorgeous new friend Garren is there to support her. But is Garren possibly too perfect?
~~~ 

Save Me had a mix of everything in it, forbidden romance, witch craft, angels, demons, it was such an interesting mix. You would think with all that going on the it would be difficult to follow along with the story and get a grip on it but it isn't. Each element flowed into the Save Me at important points in the plot, bringing the readers attention to the newest issue. Even though at certains moments it doesn't make sense it all ties together in the end with the perfect "oh crap!" moment. 

I loved Cara's character, literally the first thing I connected with her about was he addiction to diet soda. Diet soda is my version of coffee and I need it in my life. It was a small detail that stood out to me. I just enjoyed Cara's tone, maybe because she seemed down to earth? Just one thing that bothered me was when Garren suggested that Rachel could have been possessed by a demon and dabbling in witchcraft she was very okay with it. There was no panic, no "demons aren't real," it just seemed to make it a little fake to me. It wasn't a 
big problem though. In the grand scheme of things it really didn't matter. 

Now my boys, David and Garren. I won't lie. I totally shipped Cara with both of them. Even though Garren creeped me out and gave me the chills sometimes, he knew when to say or do the right thing. He understood Cara in a special way that had me hoping for them. But then you have David who saves her from the freezing water, is her teacher (though she didn't know when she started dating him), and is just beautiful! Plus David was so kind and caring and also knew the right thing to say. I think I routed for David more then Garren though. Now, before you start thinking "great this book has a love triangle." It doesn't! Garren and Cara both state from very early on that there is nothing between them but a friendship. But I couldn't help but have a little hope. You can't blame me after all. 

My only problem is I wish that there was more detail around the witch craft and demonic possessions. I would have loved to know how Amber became involved in magic. Or how it really worked. But then when demonic possession is talked about you really don't learn that why someone who plays with witchcraft becomes possessed? Why with certain demons? It was the juicy bits that it was missing. That is the only thing I disliked though, other wise I loved Save Me!

I am crossing my fingers that there will be a sequel to Save Me. The ending left me content but I just want more of Cara, David, and Garren. Plus, I really liked Crossback and Bobbi! Honestly, half the book I was convinced that Garren was really Crossback and he was able to shapshift. He just knew things about Cara that no one knew. It was weird but, I was totally wrong. I loved the whales in this story.  


Rating: ★★★★

2 comments

  1. Well this is super interesting
    I like that this book had so many subplots
    GREAT review
    Your reader,
    Soma R.
    http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awesome, and it could have been so confusing too but Jenny really did an amazing job.

      Delete

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️