The College Diaries #3: Jessica

Image result for fordham university

Hey guys! Jessica here, and I'm here to talk about the first month and a half of my college experience for this episode of the College Diaries. Things around here have been super crazy and hectic lately, which is why our blog presence has slowed down a bit, but we're doing our best to make it work. :-) 

So today, I'm here to talk about what college life has been like for me so far. So I'll start off by being honest -- it was really hard at first. I felt lost and alone, stressed beyond belief, and I missed my friends terribly. I didn't have the right amount of time to dedicate to blogging, and that was starting to suffer, which didn't help me feel any better in my situation. But as time went on, I spent more and more time meeting new people (while also religiously Skyping my family and friends and Amber and Emily and my boyfriend from home), and things got easier, and now I'm finally finding a way to balance school work and blog time and time to relax. 

What are my favorite parts of college? That's easy. I'm in the middle of the greatest city in the entire world (in my opinion), so I'll never run out of things to do or places to visit. I have a handful of good friends that make the time away from home easier, and I'm also still close enough to my home that I can go home and visit whenever I'd like. I'm in some really interesting classes, and I've already declared my major. I'm working towards the PhD I've always wanted, and I'm so excited for it.

What are my least favorite parts of college? I don't think there's ever a real moment of downtime. Even if I watch an episode of Friends, I can't shake the nagging suspicion that I should be doing something more productive. I'm so busy that even taking a shower or grabbing dinner feels like procrastinating, which is a really sucky feeling, let me tell you. 

The thing I'm probably looking forward to the most right now is the end of midterms, so I can at least take a tiny breather. (I have one more anthropology midterm today, so wish me luck!) 

All in all, I'm happy with my college experience right now. Even though sometimes I'm stressed and I miss my friends from home, I'm happy I'm here. I'm happy that I'm furthering my education at my dream school, and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

That's all for my episode of the College Diaries today, but check back soon because Amber, Emily and I all have some more interesting opinions and stories to share! 


1 comment

  1. ChronoBlade
    Real-time PvP Accompanied by Multiple Player Modes...
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️