Guest Review: The Last Wish of Sasha Cade by Cheyanne Young


Title: The Last Wish of Sasha Cade
Author: Cheyanne Young
Rating: 5/5 Stars
Publisher: KCP Loft
Hardcover, 312 Pages
Published October 2018

Summary: The day Raquel has been dreading for months has finally arrived. Sasha, her best friend in the whole world -- the best friend in the whole world -- has died of cancer. Raquel can’t imagine life without her. She’s overwhelmed and brokenhearted. And then a letter from Sasha arrives. Has she somehow found a way to communicate from the afterlife? In fact, Sasha has planned an elaborate scavenger hunt for Raquel, and when she follows the instructions to return to Sasha’s grave, a mysterious stranger with striking eyes is waiting for her. There’s a secret attached to this boy that only Sasha—and now Raquel—knows. This boy, Elijah, might be just what Raquel needs to move on from her terrible loss. But can Raquel remain true to herself while also honoring her friend’s final wish?

Today on the blog we have a guest review from Arianna over at Bookish BanterThey were kind enough to stop by and review The Last Wish of Sasha Cade and share their thoughts on it, and we couldn't be more excited to have them here as our guest reviewer for today! So without further ado, let's get into it!


Ya’ll have no idea who excited I am for this book to come into the world. The Last Wish of Sasha Cade is definitely a book that anyone who has lost someone should read. First, let me remind you how this ARC came to me.


It started when I received a DM on Twitter, and it happened to be from Cheyanne Young. She had reached out on advice for dealing with a broken ankle. For those have dealt with broken ankles know how fun it is (not). At the time, I had no idea she was an author in the first place. Until I followed her on Instagram, where I entered the contest to win a copy of an ARC of her upcoming release The Last Wish Of Sasha Cade.  Did I think I even a chance? No. I didn’t. But as it turns out, I won.

This book…oh my. It honestly should come with its own box of tissues. I cried….a lot. This is a story that everyone needs in their lives. It is something that could actually take place (the scavenger hunt part at least, but who knows). I especially loved how relatable it is. The Last Wish of Sasha Cade follows the main character Raquel after the death of her best friend Sasha. We see Raquel (lovingly referred to as Rocki) try to come to terms with the fact that Sasha is gone.

It’s a beautifully written story about dealing with grief and how everyone’s process is different. There so many ways to deal with loss.  Rocki’s journey of dealing with her grief is so real. It falls into a contemporary category all it’s own. Yes there is a romance but it’s not an insta-love or some other trope, like some. In all honestly this book came into my life, in a time when I feel like I needed it most.

I was grieving for something, not someone. I’ve mentioned that I broke my ankle. Well there is more to the story there. I slipped and fell on ice while I was walking to class on my college campus. From that moment, I knew I wasn’t going to back to that school, and now I’ve been seeing people that I was classmates wit presenting their senior projects, and finishing classes. A few people that I thought were going to be my closet friends are graduating in a week. Have I talked to any of them since my injury? Not really.

And it sucks. But after reading this book, I know I can get through it. Because I have my best friend there with me. Thank god, she is a student at the school I’ve transferred to.


Hopefully this beautiful story will help someone find the hope they need, the way it did for me.

We'd like to once again thank Arianna for stopping by The Book Bratz today to post this guest review. You can read the original review over on their blog by clicking HERE!












** Psst! Interested in guest reviewing on The Book Bratz? Shoot us an email at thebookbratz@gmail.com or DM us on Twitter (@thebookbratz) and we'd love to have you!

No comments

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️