Waiting on Wednesday: I Hate You More by Lucy Gilmore

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine where we highlight some of the upcoming books we can't wait to read! 

Title: I Hate You More
Author: Lucy Gilmore
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca 
Paperback, 272 Pages
Publication Date: November 2nd, 2021
Summary: Ruby Taylor gave up pageant life the day she turned eighteen and figured she'd never look back. She has no intention of taking the stage ever again, but when an elderly friend begs her to help show her Golden Retriever, Wheezy, in the local dog show, Ruby reluctantly straps on her heels and gets to work. Too bad Wheezy is the laziest, most adorably good-for-nothing dog she's ever met. If there's one thing veterinarian Spencer Wilson knows in this world, it's dogs. Human beings, however, are a different story. Especially gorgeous women clearly in way over their heads. As judge for the local dog show, Spencer advises Ruby to quit while she still can, but her old fervor for winning has returned—and she wants to show the stern, broody-eyed judge that she's more than just a pretty face.

This book was pitched for fans of THE HATING GAME, which everyone knows is one of my favorite books of all time, so clearly it was no question when it came to adding this book to my TBR. I'm also a huge sucker for romance novels with illustrated covers lately, so I'm not ashamed to admit that that roped me in, too. November can't get here soon enough -- I can't wait to read it! And the fact that it comes out on my anniversary is just a fantastic bonus...so maybe I can convince my boyfriend to get me this as a gift! ;-)

What are you waiting on this week? Leave your links so I can stop back! 

No comments

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️