Waiting on Wednesday: The Exact Opposite of Okay by Laura Steven

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine where we highlight some of the upcoming books we can't wait to read!

Jessica's Waiting on:

35817737
Title: The Exact Opposite of Okay
Author: Laura Steven
Publisher: Electric Monkey
Publication Date: March 8th, 2018



Summary: Izzy O’Neill is an aspiring comic, an impoverished orphan, and a Slut Extraordinaire. Or at least, that’s what the malicious website flying round the school says. Izzy can try all she wants to laugh it off – after all, her sex life, her terms – but when pictures emerge of her doing the dirty with a politician’s son, her life suddenly becomes the centre of a national scandal. Izzy’s never been ashamed of herself before, and she’s not going to start now. But keeping her head up will take everything she has...

Okay, for starters, the cover of this book is absolutely gorgeous. I know that you aren't supposed to judge a book by its cover and all, but still, LOOK AT THAT! The cover is what immediately caught my attention when I was browsing through Goodreads, and upon reading the summary of this book I just knew that it was going to be something that I would enjoy. The story itself already seems like it's going to be full of the messy drama that indicates an excellent page-turner -- there's nothing like a national scandal to cause some drama! 

Izzy's character also seems like someone that I'm really going to enjoy -- someone who is totally unapologetic of herself and her actions, even when that may be something that's hard to do. 

March can't come fast enough, because I needed this book in my hands yesterday. I can't wait to get reading!

What are you waiting on this week? Leave your links so I can stop back! 



1 comment

  1. Thanks to netgalley I've already read this and it definitely doesn't disappoint! It was absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️