ARC Review: Siren's Song by Mary Weber

Title: Siren's Song (Storm Siren Trilogy #3)
Author: Mary Weber 
Genre: Fantasy
Source: Netgalley 
Publisher: Thomas Nelson / HarperCollins
Publication Date: March 1st 2016

Summary: 

Nym and Draewulf prepare to face off in a battle destined to destroy more lives than it saves. With the loss of Tulla still fresh in mind, Rasha’s fate unknown, and Lord Myles taken over by the dark ability, Nym and the few Bron soldiers rush to warn Cashlin’s queen. Only to discover it may already be too late for the monarch and her eerie kingdom. As the Luminescents are sifting through Nym’s past memories and the queen is reading into her future, Nym is given a choice of how to defeat Draewulf, but the cost may be more than she can bear. And even then there are no guarantees. With that reality burrowing into her bones—along with the guilt of the lives she will sacrifice—Nym returns to her homeland of Faelen to raise an army of peasants through promises of freedom. But when the few friends she has left, along with the world and citizens she loves, are staring down the face of a monster and his undead army, will Nym summon every element her blood is capable of controlling . . . or surrender to a different strength—one of sacrifice? Because in the end, death may be more merciful for them all.



I remember being a new blogger and being presented with the chance to read Storm Siren. I was hesitant at first, I wasn't all so familiar with the publisher or the author and I was shocked that two months into blogging someone was asking us to review a book. Reading this series was on of the best bookish decisions I made. Honestly, this series will always be one of my favorite for a variety of reasons, and I am sad it is all over. 

I don't want this review to be a big gush about how much I loved this book, but I feel like it is going to be. I have literal tears in my eyes as I write this review because I love this book. If this isn't series dedication I don't know what is. I have all the books so far, and ARC's of the first two books, and I am hunting down swag and the third ARC like mad.  

I always talk about character growth in my reviews, and the change that all the characters went through from point A to point B is incredible. Nym started out as a slave girl who had no clue to how to control her power to someone who controlled her power and was willing to lay her life down for her people in selflessness. Eogan survived being invaded by Draewulf, and nearly dying multiple times (*growls at my book babe being hurt*) It was incredible. 

I don't believe in spoiler reviews, so talking about Siren's Song is going to be difficult. But I am going to try my hardest. 

At the end of Siren's Fury, Nym saves Eogan from Draewulf's hold. Which was a major plus because I love Eogan. So I figured that the romance in this book would explode. Like seriously, I been teased for two books. Third ones a charm. But nope. Eogan wants to protect Nym, Nym wants to kiss Eogan (after he almost dies for the umpteenth time) so there is tension going on. That I loved and hated it at the same time. So if you are expecting tons of romance like I was, you are going to be a little disappointed. But I love when the romance isn't the only focus. So much crazy stuff happens in this book (and by crazy I mean multiple heart attacks, I couldn't breathe kind of crazy.) 

This book is packed with action. So if you like action this book/series is for you. 

Overall I loved this book and entire series. I recommend it to everyone, and everyone who's I've known so far who has read it adored it as much as I do. I am going to forgive Weber for the multiple heart attacks and the emotional plain with cliffhangers because she has another series coming out that will probably bring me as much pain. But if I could give this book more then five stars, it would be getting it. 







Read my Reviews of Storm Siren and Siren's Fury:

 

3 comments

  1. I'm just skimming this review because I haven't read any of the books yet. I'm glad to hear you thought the ending was satisfying!! Nice review! <3

    Rachel @ APCB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! I am definitely going to push this one on you! <3

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️