Review: Broken Prince (The Royals, #2) by Erin Watt


Title: Broken Prince (The Royals, #2)
Author: Erin Watt
Publisher: Everafter Romance
Rating: 5/5 Stars
Paperback, 370 Pages
Published July 2016



Summary: Reed Royal has it all—looks, status, money. The girls at his elite prep school line up to date him, the guys want to be him, but Reed never gave a damn about anyone but his family until Ella Harper walked into his life. What started off as burning resentment and the need to make his father’s new ward suffer turned into something else entirely—keep Ella close. Keep Ella safe. But when one foolish mistake drives her out of Reed’s arms and brings chaos to the Royal household, Reed’s entire world begins to fall apart around him. Ella doesn’t want him anymore. She says they’ll only destroy each other. She might be right.


My good friend Dana over at DanaSquare recommended The Royals series to me, and I'm so glad that she did, because I am absolutely hooked on this series and I can't devour it fast enough. I just finished this book and I already ordered the third one on Amazon because I couldn't wait long enough to get my hands on the next one. So without further ado, let's get into this review!

As the summary explains, Ella had just run away after catching Reed with Brooke, so he turns the entire world upside down looking for her. But when he finally catches up with her, things don't go according to plan. To Reed's dismay, Ella wants nothing to do with him, and she looks at him like he's poison. But he's willing to do anything to win her back -- and when he says anything, he really means it. Even if he has to resort to some terrible tactics to get it done. Which definitely leaves room for a lot of drama! 

I absolutely loved this book. I couldn't put it down! The drama in this book was just as exciting and jaw-dropping as it was in the first book. It felt like Gossip Girl all over again, where I was hurriedly turning through the pages and burning through the book because I was soaking up all of the drama and backstabbing and secrets. And not to mention the romance, which I'll explain in further detail in a second! There was just so much going on with this book, and it picked up exactly where the first book left off, so it was really easy to fall back into the story. There also wasn't much recapping going on, so I didn't deal with any of that or being annoyed by recaps even though I just read the first book. It was the perfect addition to Paper Princess, and I was able to fall right back into it! 

The romance in this book was also super steamy, so it definitely kept me gripping the pages and wanting to know what was going to happen next. Reed and Ella's relationship was definitely really rocky and fast-paced, but those moments where they were together...it was super steamy and definitely made you blush, that's for sure! I'm glad that even though Reed was problematic and possessive at times, Ella was a strong character and was able to stand up and tell him off. I was definitely cheering her on during those moments! And it seems like she definitely got through to Reed, because he's definitely been changing as a character as the story goes on. By the end of this book, he was definitely a lot different than he was in the very beginning of Paper Princess.

(Major spoilers in this paragraph, so please skip to the next paragraph to avoid them!) AND THAT ENDING. OH MY GOD. I told myself that I wasn't going to rush to order the third book right away like I did with the second, but then I couldn't resist, because the way the book ended off -- with Brooke's death and Steve's return -- actually had me gasping out loud. I had to know what happened next. How did Brooke die? Did Reed do it?? Especially since he was acting so weird at the end. And then Steve being alive, and all haggard like that? How did he "die" (fake-die, I guess) and the authorities didn't know? And why did he show up at Callum's? Is that why Brooke was acting so weird?? This is why I immediately ordered the next book in the series -- I absolutely have to know what's going on, ASAP.

Overall, I absolutely loved Broken Prince just as much as I liked Paper Princess. I already can't wait for the third book to arrive so I can dive into the story -- it's been a really long time since I've fallen in love with a series this deeply and didn't want it to end! I have three more books to go and I'm already sad knowing that it will be ending soon, even though I'm still really excited to keep reading. So now if you'll excuse me, I have another Erin Watt book to get to! 



No comments

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️