Waiting on Wednesday #23: Soundless & The Wicked Will Rise



"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine.


Amber's Waiting On:


Title: Soundless
Author: Richelle Mead
Genre: Fantasy 
Publisher: Razorbill 
Publication Date: November 17th, 2015

Summary: 
For as long as Fei can remember, there has been no sound in her village, where rocky terrain and frequent avalanches prevent residents from self-sustaining. Fei and her people are at the mercy of a zipline that carries food up the treacherous cliffs from Beiguo, a mysterious faraway kingdom. When villagers begin to lose their sight, deliveries from the zipline shrink and many go hungry. Fei’s home, the people she loves, and her entire existence is plunged into crisis, under threat of darkness and starvation. But soon Fei is awoken in the night by a searing noise, and sound becomes her weapon.

Holy crap. Another Richelle Mead book?! Yes please. Who do I give my money to?  




Jessica's Waiting On:


18602341Title: The Wicked Will Rise (Dorothy Must Die, #2)
Author: Danielle Paige
Genre: Fantasy
Publisher: HarperCollins
Publication Date: March 31st, 2015

Summary:
To make Oz a free land again, Amy Gumm was given a mission: remove the Tin Woodman’s heart, steal the Scarecrow’s brain, take the Lion’s courage, and then Dorothy must die.... But Dorothy still lives. Now the Revolutionary Order of the Wicked has vanished, and mysterious Princess Ozma might be Amy’s only ally. As Amy learns the truth about her mission, she realizes that she’s only just scratched the surface of Oz’s past—and that Kansas, the home she couldn't wait to leave behind, may also be in danger. In a place where the line between good and evil shifts with just a strong gust of wind, who can Amy trust—and who is really Wicked?
I am so excited for this book! I met Danielle Paige at BookCon 2014 and got a copy of Dorothy Must Die there, which was great because I was so ecstatic about reading it. Needless to say, I absolutely LOVED it and I can't wait to get my hands on this second book! Not long to go! (Not to mention, the title is also pretty ominous and cool!)


What are you waiting on this week? Leave your links so we can stop back! 

11 comments

  1. Great choices! I'm super excited for both of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richelle Mead! <3 I'm so excited for her new series coming out soon * does the happy dance* lol I do miss Adrian though .. great picks overall :) <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she said she wasn't done with the VA/Bloodlines gang yet. I'm excited to see what she has in store for us in Soundless

      Delete
  3. These both sound good! I haven't read Dorothy Must Die yet, even though I have a copy but I'm excited to read it (eventually). Hope you enjoy both of these when they release!

    My WoW
    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Soundless I NEEDS IT NOW. I hope Richelle goes back to Vampire Academy world maybe Rose as an adult :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Richelle Mead. I cannot wait to read Soundless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica, I also picked The Wicked Will Rise for my Waiting on Wednesday! I totally agree, I loved Dorothy Must Die and can't wait for book two! At least it comes out end of the month, yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot wait to read Soundless too!! I hope it'll be awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks!! Anything Richelle Mead has my vote too! New follower!

    My WoW: The Tale Temptress

    ReplyDelete

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️