ARC Review: Aimee and the Heartthrob by Ophelia London

Title: Aimee and the Heartthrob (Backstage Pass #1) 
Author: Ophelia London 
Genre: Contemporary, Romance 
Source: NetGalley
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Publication Date: April 14th 2015 
Add it to Goodreads / Pre-order it on Amazon 

Summary: 
He never noticed her before, but now she’s all he can see… Miles Carlisle is every teen girl’s fantasy. His rugged good looks and exotic British accent have helped catapult his boy band, Seconds to Juliet, to super-stardom. But after two disastrous and very public breakups, Miles isn’t interested in dating just any girl; he wants The One. And the only girl he’s interested in is not only his best friend’s little sister―and off-limits―but won’t even give him the time of day… As a kid, Aimee Bingham had a huge thing for Miles…until he made fun of her for always tagging along. Now that she’s outgrown both him and her pigtails. the prospect of spending two weeks on tour with the childhood crush who broke her heart isn’t exactly enticing. Except now Miles seems interested. Very interested. And no matter how hard Aimee tries to resist him, her crush is definitely making a comeback. But everyone knows that falling for a heartthrob is a backstage pass to heartbreak…

Review:  


This book is adorable. I had the goofiest grin on my face for most of it. Aimee and the Heartthrob is a book perfect for a rainy day. It's fluffy with a bit of humor and plenty of swoony moments. 

Amiee has the three weeks that her parents are going to be all planned out. But when her plans fall through and her parents send her off with her brother, who is interning with Seconds to Juliet (an all boyband), Amiee thinks that her summer is going to be ruined. Years earlier Miles broke her heart, saying he only viewed her as the annoying tag along. The last thing Aimee wants to do is be near him again. Within minutes of being there Miles hits on her, unaware that it is Amiee, not some random conquest. As the three weeks go one Amiee and Miles become closer, but can Amiee let down her walls and let Miles in? Or can Miles trust Aimee enough to let her in? 

Aimee was likeable enough for me, she reminded me of myself a lot which I think is a reason why I wasn't that crazy about her. She grew on my towards the end though. In the beginning of the book she is still hung up of Miles, not matter how many times she says she isn't. One major thing that irritated me though was how many times she repeated that Miles was "perfect", "beautiful", "sexy" I got it the first few times. The guy is british. It was almost every other page she would mention his attractivness. 

Miles was adorable (I am going to turn into Aimee and repeat it a ton of times) but he really is. He is british, flawed, famous, part of a band. He is pretty much the total package. Naturally he has a bit of a dark past with drugs and getting in trouble with the law. But he was down to earth, funny, and felt realistic to me. Ophelia could have easily made him a jeark because he was famous and she didn't. Thats why I loved Miles so much. 

The romance was cute. It seems kind of rushed if you don't remember that Amiee and Miles knew each other for years and not only a few days. As much as I loved this book though: It is fiction. The chance of this happening is so very slim. Can't blame a girl for wishing though, huh? 

Overall I really enjoyed Aimee and the Heartthrob. It was a quick light read that managed to keep me enertained. I am excited to see more from Ophelia London soon. 

Rating:


4 comments

  1. His name is Miles? MILES?! And he's a British heartthrob? And a part of a band? I have read this like yesterday! You've gotten me so excited for this! Great review <33

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this book was so full of cliche, but you know what? Sometimes it's what I crave, and I happened to read it at exactly the right time, and I ended up really enjoying the book. I agree with you though, at times it was a little annoying her constant repeating of how perfect Miles was, but overall I enjoyed the romance. I'm really excited about the next book too, and the fact that different authors will write other books is quite cool too.

    Anatea @ Anatea's Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just heard about this one yesterday! I really want to read it now! Going to have to get a copy to pick up next time I am in the mood for an entertaining read!
    Thanks for sharing, I appreciate the review, will definitely at least try this one out!

    Em @ The YA Book Butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, I've seen this book around and it does sound intriguing - I might look into it soon, let's see. Fantastic review <3

    ReplyDelete

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️