Review: Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2) by Tessa Bailey

Title: Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
Author: Tessa Bailey
Publisher: Avon
Rating: 5/5 Stars
Paperback, 330 Pages
Published January 2020


Summary: Rosie and Dominic Vega are the perfect couple: high school sweethearts, best friends, madly in love. Well, they used to be anyway. Now Rosie’s lucky to get a caveman grunt from the ex-soldier every time she walks in the door. Dom is faithful and a great provider, but the man she fell in love with ten years ago is nowhere to be found. When her girlfriends encourage Rosie to demand more out of life and pursue her dream of opening a restaurant, she decides to demand more out of love, too. Three words: marriage boot camp. Never in a million years did Rosie believe her stoic, too-manly-to-emote husband would actually agree to relationship rehab with a weed-smoking hippy. Dom talking about feelings? Sitting on pillows? Communing with nature? Learning love languages? Nope. But to her surprise, he’s all in, and it forces her to admit her own role in their cracked foundation. As they complete one ridiculous—yet surprisingly helpful—assignment after another, their remodeled relationship gets stronger than ever. Except just as they’re getting back on track, Rosie discovers Dom has a secret... and it could demolish everything.

After I read FIX HER UP, the first book in this series, earlier this summer, I was immediately hooked and went to order LOVE HER OR LOSE HER (as well as TOOLS OF ENGAGEMENT, which is coming out soon!). And let me say, I am *so* glad I did, because you guys -- this series is right up my alley! So without further ado, let's get into my review:

As the summary explains, Rosie and Dominic may be married, but something in their relationship feels off-kilter. They barely talk anymore, except for a few passing words, and it feels like they've totally lost touch with one another. But before they call it quits, they go to a last-ditch marriage boot camp therapist, who makes them complete some pretty hilarious (as well as some pretty sweet) homework tasks, and they feel like they finally may be making some progress...but Dominic has a secret that might upend everything.

Just like FIX HER UP, I absolutely *LOVED* this book! I tore through this entire thing in a little under 48 hours, because I just loved it so much that I kept turning the pages and wanted to know what was going to happen next. I think if I hadn't been busy with other stuff throughout the two days that I was reading, I definitely would've devoured this entire book in just a few hours. It was seriously that good! Sometimes I'm worried about starting sequels/spin-offs to books that I really loved because I'm afraid that it won't live up to the hype of the first book, or I won't be as interested in these new characters as I was with the characters in the first book. (To be clear -- Georgie and Travis make an appearance in this book, but this story focuses more on Rosie and Dominic, and TOOLS OF ENGAGEMENT is going to focus on Bethany and Wes!) But that definitely wasn't the case with this book, because I devoured the entire thing and loved every second of it, and now I'm eagerly waiting for the third book. This one truly flew by in a blink, and it was the PERFECT book to sit in the sun with my toes in the sand reading, or while I was floating in the pool. I loved it!

And, in classic Tessa Bailey fashion, this book will make you BLUSH. HARD. So you definitely don't want to be flipping through this one while there are other people around you, because you will be swooning and gasping and blushing your way through the entire thing. She sure knows how to write romance stories, that's for sure!

Overall, I absolutely loved LOVE HER OR LOSE HER, and I was just as satisfied after reading it as I was when I finished reading FIX HER UP. I'm so glad that I decided to preorder the third book in the series, TOOLS OF ENGAGEMENT, because I will now definitely be standing by my mailbox waiting for my package to arrive so I can finally dive into this next book soon. If you're looking for a swoon-worthy series to grip your heart and not let it go, while giving you all of the feels in the meantime, then this is definitely one that you should check out!

And if you want to read my review of FIX HER UP, you can check that out here. :-) 




 

No comments

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️