Let's Talk...: Book Character Deaths

Character deaths! 

I think we can all agree that deaths are the worst part of reading. Yes, some of them we hope for and are alright with. Others not so much. I put books off because I can't handle the thought of a character I am fond of dying. Now, I am a very emotional person. I have a lot of books feels, so some people not be sad about a character death. Others cry. I have asked tons of people who read about how they feel. The results always vary. But I found it is pretty common that we get emotional and sad when a character we love dies.


I went into The Fault in Our Stars by John Green knowing that Augustus was going to die. I was even mentally prepared! Did that stop me from bawling like a baby? Not at all. There are also times when I am school and an important character, or favorite of mine that ends up dying. It is so hard not to get emotional about it most times. Especially if it is in the middle of the series or the end. 


Out of my curiosity I asked on twitter how other bloggers, readers, and ect. felt about book deaths. Here is what they had to say: 



So reactions vary depending on the scenario.  So here are some questions I have for you: 
  • What was the last book that you read where you were shocked about a character death? 
  • What is your reaction when your favorite/main character dies? 


1 comment

  1. Allegiant by Veronica Roth shocked me the most in regards to character deaths! So sad! My reaction when my favourite character dies, is complete shock! I have to read that part over again to see if it was a mistake.

    ReplyDelete

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️