Book Tag: Mid-Year Freak Out!


I am not going to lie, I been really wanting to do this tag since I first spotted it a few weeks ago but I couldn't find a date to post it. Due to me (Amber) double scheduling a review there was a free day only a few weeks late to post! 



Quick thoughts on my reading progress so far this year: My initial goal was to read 100 books this year but after working almost full time, entering a relationship and having a mental health slip my reading faltered a lot. I lowered my goal down to 80 and I am currently kicking this year's challenge's ass. 



1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2019?
I have to pick one!? What kind of punishment is this!? I chose three because I couldn't choose just one. Crier's War by Nina Varela, The Tenth Girl by Sara Faring & Aurora Rising by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman are among 3 of the best books I've read this year! 

  

2. Best sequel you’ve read so far in 2019?
Hands down, Immunity by Erin Bowman! Check out me review for it here


3. New release you haven’t read yet, but want to?
There are so many! Is another answer that I am going to have to list multiple books for. The Evil Queen by Gena Showalter, The Devouring Gray by Christine Lynn Herman, The Candle and the Flame by Nafiza Aza & Nocturna by Maya Motayne! 

   

4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year?
Hands down I am super excited for Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo! She is one of my favorite authors and I am super excited to read her adult debut. 



5. Biggest disappointment?
There were a few books that I was actually disappointed in this year. Teeth in the Mist by Dawn Kurtagich, Stepsister by Jennifer Donnelly & American Royals by Katharine McGee. 

  


6. Biggest surprise?
My biggest surprise this year was The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon. I loved the idea of dragons but the book is a brick and I wasn't too sure how much of it I was going to be able to get through. I ended up loving it and it has become one of my favorites! 



7. Newest fictional crush?
Lee from Fireborne by Rosaria Munda. There was just something about his character I fell for the moment I began to read his story.



8. Newest favorite character?
The entire cast of Aurora Rising! 

10. Book that made you cry?
There actually hasn't been one this year! 


11. Book that made you happy?
I never thought a book about a teen seeking an abortion would make me laugh as hard as Unpregnant by Jenni Hendricks & Ted Caplan did. It was one of the funniest books I've read in a long time. 



12. Favorite book to film adaptation you saw this year?
I actually haven't see any this year yet! 




 13. Favorite review you’ve written this year?
This is another tough question! I feel like my reviews aren't that great to begin with, so picking I favorite I have written? Ummmm I am going to go with Reverie by Ryan La Sala! My review isn't live on the blog yet, but it will be soon! 


14. Most beautiful book you’ve bought so far this year (or received)?


 15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
Enjoy this list...
   
   


There is my mid-year freak out! I had a lot of fun doing this tag and I hope I get the opportunity to next year as well. Have you read any of these books? Did you do the tag this year? Let me know below so I can check out your tag! 



No comments

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️