Top Ten Tuesday: Settings I’d Like to See More Of

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl in which we create bookish lists about everything from our favorite characters to love triangles and everything in between!

This Week's Theme: Settings I'd Like To See More Of

Today on the blog, I'm talking about ten settings that I'd like to see more of in the books I read! Just to be clear, I'm not saying that there aren't plenty of books with these settings, I'm just talking about ten of them that *I* as a reader really love and want to read more of! So without further ado, let's get into it!

1. Palaces. I'm a sucker for any type of royal story! The Selection or American Royals, anybody?

2. The beach. Because who doesn't love romances that involve the hot sun and rolling waves?

3. Elite private schools. Because all of the best mysteries tend to happen there.

4. Abroad/on vacation. I've been meaning to read Again But Better, and the idea of stories set abroad during European adventures seems really exciting!

5. On tropical islands. Because I am a lover of all things tropical. 

6. Long Island! That's where our heart is, so we love seeing stories that reference places we know and recognize!

7. New York City. That's my favorite place in the whole world, so of course I can't soak up enough stories from there!

8. College campuses. Because we need more NA! Plus, as a college student myself, I love seeing fellow college students and their lives in books!

9. Actual, realistic apartments. Because whenever I read NA and the characters are in their apartments fresh out of college, I find it miraculous that they can suddenly afford a three-bedroom place with soaring ceilings and three bathrooms, LOL! Maybe I'm just jaded because I'm from NYC, but more realistic apartments is something I'd like to see more of in the books that I read.

10. A writer's mind. We!! Need!! More!! MCs!! That!! Are!! Writers!! I love reading about them. So, so much! So I'd love so much more of that!

So that's all for this week's Top Ten Tuesday! Do you have different settings that you want to talk about? Any that match up with mine? Comment down below and let me know! ♥

6 comments

  1. I like palaces and beaches too! Did you see that article about how they're renting out bunkbeds for $1200 a month in San Francisco? I hope you don't have to pay that where you're living.

    I'm writing a book with palaces and castles and a fanfic set on the college campus that I went to, so I guess they're both appealing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elite private schools are the best! Totally breeding grounds for mysteries and murders lol. Tropical islands too- I've read some thrillers and YA stuff set on islands and it's a fun setting.

    European adventures are great too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with wanting more writers as MCs. Good idea.

    This is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your comment about apartments makes perfect sense to me. Very few people I know could afford places like that right out of school or even years later.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Realistic apartments - I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️