Top Ten Tuesday: Childhood Favorites

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl in which we create bookish lists about everything from our favorite characters to love triangles and everything in between!

This Week's Theme: Childhood Favorites

Today on the blog, I'm highlighting ten of my favorite reads as a kid, in no particular order because I loved them all so much and choosing is just so hard! So without further ado, let's get into it and show ten of my childhood favorites:

1. Goodnight Moon

32929

2. Junie B. Jones Is Captain Field Day

958275

3. The Very Hungry Caterpillar 

4948

4. Harriet the Spy

232576

5. Ralph Fletcher's Writer's Notebook

24095

6. From The Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler

3980

7. The Egypt Game

903

8. The Giving Tree (I mean, come on! A classic!)

370493

9. If You Give a Mouse a Cookie

767680

10. Flat Stanley (I even had one that traveled around with me!)

348564

So that's all for this week's Top Ten Tuesday! Do you have different childhood favorites you want to talk about? Any that match up with mine? Comment down below and let me know! ♥

13 comments

  1. I read Goodnight Moon to Elliott every single night before bed!

    - Mari @ Musings of a (Book) Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. These books look so adorable! Wonderful list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodnight Moon and The Giving Tree - they both make cry!!!

    www.tbrandbeyond.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodnight Moon is so perfect and I don't even know why, but seeing it just instantly makes me feel calm. Egypt Game is a great one too; love that author.

    Gotta confess, I read one Junie B. Jones book circa age 8, and I was immediately APPALLED by her behavior. APPALLED.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved HARRIET as a kid-- but I reread it to my son recently and we both HATED her. It was such a shock since it was a complete 180 on my previous feelings!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If You Give a Mouse a Cookie is an adorable read, too.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! The Very Hungry Caterpillar and If you Give a Mouse a Cookie are so cute. The Giving Tree always makes me cry. I remember The Egypt Game! I read it a very long time ago so I don't remember too much about it, but I do remember enjoying it. Here is my Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually forgot about The Very Hungry Catepillar and am surprised you're the first person to have it on their list. Harriet the Spy was a lot of fun, I remember when the movie came out I also had my very own spy notebook. Haha.

    My TTT: https://thebookdutchesses.com/2019/07/02/ttt-86-childhood-favorites/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such fabulous picks and good childhood memories!

    Here's my TTT

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man, I used to be OBSESSED with Harriet the Spy! Such a great list of books, I forgot about some of these until now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've read The Egypt Game! I loved Charlotte's Web and the Pippi Longstocking books as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Giving Tree is definitely a classic. I remember reading If You Give A Mouse A Cookie when I worked at a day care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My oldest son loved Goodnight Moon. I read it to him so often I had it memorized.

    ReplyDelete

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️