Waiting on Wednesday #31: The Shadow Queen & Signs Point to Yes

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine where we highlight some of the upcoming books we can't wait to read! 


Amber's Waiting On:


Title: The Shadow Queen 
Author: C.J. Redwine
Genre: Fantasy 
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Publication Date: February 23rd 2016

Summary: 

Lorelai Diederich, crown princess and fugitive at large, has one mission: kill the wicked queen who took both the Ravenspire throne and the life of her father. To do that, Lorelai needs to use the one weapon she and Queen Irina have in common—magic. She’ll have to be stronger, faster, and more powerful than Irina, the most dangerous sorceress Ravenspire has ever seen. 
In the neighboring kingdom of Eldr, when Prince Kol’s father and older brother are killed by an invading army of magic-wielding ogres, the second-born prince is suddenly given the responsibility of saving his kingdom. To do that, Kol needs magic—and the only way to get it is to make a deal with the queen of Ravenspire, promise to become her personal huntsman…and bring her Lorelai’s heart. 
But Lorelai is nothing like Kol expected—beautiful, fierce, and unstoppable—and despite dark magic, Lorelai is drawn in by the passionate and troubled king. Fighting to stay one step ahead of the dragon huntsman—who she likes far more than she should—Lorelai does everything in her power to ruin the wicked queen. But Irina isn’t going down without a fight, and her final move may cost the princess the one thing she still has left to lose.



Why the hell is it only July? I need February NOW. I am not sure if I am more in love with the cover or the summary right now.

Jessica's Waiting On:

24464110
Title: Signs Point to Yes
Author: Sandy Hall
Genre: Romance/Contemporary
Publisher: Swoon Reads
Publication Date: October 20th 2015
Add it on Goodreads! / Pre-Order It On Amazon
Summary: Jane, a superstitious fangirl, takes an anonymous babysitting job to avoid an unpaid internship with her college-obsessed mom. The only problem? She’s babysitting the siblings of her childhood friend and new crush, Teo. Teo doesn’t dislike Jane, but his best friend Ravi hates her, and is determined to keep them apart. So Teo’s pretty sure his plans for a peaceful summer are shot. His only hope is that his intermittent search for his birth father will finally pan out and he’ll find a new, less awkward home. Meanwhile, at Jane’s house, her sister Margo wants to come out as bisexual, but she’s terrified of how her parents will react. In a summer filled with secrets and questions, even Jane’s Magic 8 ball can’t give them clear answers, but Signs Point to Yes.
I loved Sandy Hall's debut novel A Little Something Different, so naturally I can't wait to get my hands on this one! It sounds super cute, and I loved all of the titles I've been sent by Swoon Reads so far. My copy is on its way in the mail and I can't wait because I know I'm going to love this one, too. :) 

What are you waiting on this week? Leave your links and we will stop back! 

26 comments

  1. I want to read both of these, but especially The Shadow Queen. I just love that cover. Thanks for sharing, and happy Wednesday! :)
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am already in love with The Shadow Queen and ARCs haven't even gone out yet. Such a beautiful cover!

      Delete
  2. I'm beyond excited about the Shadow Queen!!! CANNOT WAIT!! *ALL THE GRABBY HANDS*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have to sell my kidney for a copy. Stay tune for that update!

      Delete
  3. YES! I am drooling over both of these! I can't wait to read them! I have Signs Point to Yes, so thank goodness I don't have to wait until October! Great picks!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was so good, I got a copy from NetGalley

      Delete
  4. Signs Point to Yes sounds like something I will love! I never heard of the author before so this is a first! I hope I love her writing as much as you seem to! Thanks for sharing ~ happy reading!

    Sherry@theBloggityBLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Signs Point to Yes is the most adorkable book I ever read!

      Delete
  5. omg the cover on that second book ~bless~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been Waiting on The Shadow Queen too! Signs Point to Yes sounds good too! Nice pick! Thanks for dropping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving these book covers! Thank you for for stopping by. :)
    Old follower

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh~ I liked The Shadow Queen, haha! The book cover is so attractive and looks kinda delicious :P Great pick! <3 - Kristelle @ Amiabooklover

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such good picks -- I am seriously excited for both of these!!

    Thanks for stopping by My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, both of these covers are gorgeous!! I hope they both end up being as good as they look :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have A Little Something Different on my TBR, need to read it soon, and that first one looks great! Great picks! ANd thanks for stopping by my WOW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG both of these sound great!! I like Sandy Hall's writing so I'm sure I'll like Signs Point to Yes. It sounds so cute! The shadow Queen sounds intriguing! Hope You enjoy them when you read them :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not sure about the second one but YES THE SHADOW QUEEN I CAN'T WAIT!!! I hope you both these when you read them, ladies!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fantastic day :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They both sound extremely interesting! I actually haven't read anything by these authors but definitely heard great things about C.J. Redwine! I especially love the cover of The Shadow Queen - IT LOOKS SO COOL! <3

    Thank you for stopping by my blog! I follow you back now - your blog looks amazing! :D
    Yvonne @ A World Between Folded Pages

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both of these sound so good in different ways! And I love how the cover for SIGNS POINT TO YES sort of matches Sandy Hall's other book, A LITTLE SOMETHING DIFFERENT. I love it when an author's standalones all match, too. :) Great picks!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Amber, your pick sounds SO fantastic!! I love the cover, as well as the plot! So I'm defi9nitely with you -- this is one book I really NEED NOW!! I'm adding it to my Goodreads TBR right away!!

    As for "Signs Point to Yes", I like it as well, although I will always prefer to read fantasy novels, to novels that take place in the 'the real world'. However, I'm thinking I might give this one a try, as well.

    Thanks, Amber, for dropping and commenting on my WOW!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. "YES! YES! YES!" to the first book. And "I haven't heard of the second book, but I am now adding it to Goodreads" for the second book.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't heard of The Shadow Queen but it sounds awesome. It is going on my Goodreads' wishlist ASAP!

    -Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Shadow Queen's cover is what drew me in! It has been on my TBR list ever since. I have an ARC of Signs Point to Yes. I must find the time to read it soon.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am SO in love with the cover for The Shadow Queen, I almost don't care what it's about. :) And Signs Point to Yes looks so cute! I liked Sandy Hall's first book, so hopefully this one will be too. :D Great picks!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️