Waiting on Wednesday #32: The Boy Most Likely To & The Girl From Everywhere

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine where we highlight some of the upcoming books we can't wait to read!

Jessica's Waiting On:


18392495
Title: The Boy Most Likely To (My Life Next Door, #2)
Author: Huntley Fitzpatrick
Publisher: Dial Books
Hardcover, 432 Pages
Publication Date: August 18th, 2015

Summary: 
Tim Mason was The Boy Most Likely To find the liquor cabinet blindfolded, need a liver transplant, and drive his car into a house. Alice Garrett was The Girl Most Likely To . . . well, not date her little brother’s baggage-burdened best friend, for starters. For Tim, it wouldn’t be smart to fall for Alice. For Alice, nothing could be scarier than falling for Tim. But Tim has never been known for making the smart choice, and Alice is starting to wonder if the “smart” choice is always the right one. When these two crash into each other, they crash hard. Then the unexpected consequences of Tim’s wild days come back to shock him. He finds himself in a situation that isn’t all it appears to be, that he never could have predicted . . . but maybe should have. And Alice is caught in the middle.
I was a big fan of My Life Next Door and I really like Huntley Fitzpatrick's writing, so I can't wait to get my hands on this one! 

Amber's Waiting On:


Title: The Girl From Everywhere 
Author: Heidi Heilig 
Genre: Historical Fiction, Fantasy 
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Publication Date: February 16th 2016 

Summary: 
Heidi Heilig’s debut teen fantasy sweeps from modern-day New York City to nineteenth-century Hawaii to places of myth and legend. Sixteen-year-old Nix has sailed across the globe and through centuries aboard her time-traveling father’s ship. But when he gambles with her very existence, it all may be about to end. The Girl from Everywhere, the first of two books, will dazzle readers of Sabaa Tahir, Rae Carson, and Rachel Hartman. Nix’s life began in Honolulu in 1868. Since then she has traveled to mythic Scandinavia, a land from the tales of One Thousand and One Nights, modern-day New York City, and many more places both real and imagined. As long as he has a map, Nix’s father can sail his ship, The Temptation, to any place, any time. But now he’s uncovered the one map he’s always sought—1868 Honolulu, before Nix’s mother died in childbirth. Nix’s life—her entire existence—is at stake. No one knows what will happen if her father changes the past. It could erase Nix’s future, her dreams, her adventures . . . her connection with the charming Persian thief, Kash, who’s been part of their crew for two years. If Nix helps her father reunite with the love of his life, it will cost her her own. In The Girl from Everywhere, Heidi Heilig blends fantasy, history, and a modern sensibility with witty, fast-paced dialogue, breathless adventure, and enchanting romance.

Can we just look at the cover and summary? This book needs to come faster because I really need it in my life! 

What are you waiting on this week? Leave your link so we can stop back!




6 comments

  1. Ok, The Girl from Everywhere sounds amazing! I'm so excited about it! I'm definitely looking forward to The Boy Most Likely To! Great picks!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read The Boy Most Likely To! I was disappointed lol. My review is on my blog. I hope you enjoy these books when you read them!

    Have a fabulous week, ladies :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy, hopefully I end up liking it! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. I can't believe I have yet to read anything by Huntley Fitzpatrick. Gah! I have My Life Next Door just sitting on my bookshelf waiting for me so I need to make that happen... and soon. I see nothing but raves for her books! I didn't have time to do a Waiting on Wednesday post this week but the 2 I'm frothing at the mouth for (big time) are: What You Left Behind by Jessica Verdi and Until Friday Night by Abbi Glines. Major grabby hands for those!

    ReplyDelete

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️